chibireader

Chibi Reader

Jane Eyre
Michael Mason, Charlotte Brontë
Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1)
Molly McAdams
Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark, #1)
A. Meredith Walters
Fracture the Spider's Web (The Marionettes of Myth, #2)
Sarah Godfrey, Victoria DeRubeis

Everneath

Everneath - Also on my Blog: Chibi ReaderEverneath is the debut novel of a trilogy by Brodi Ashton. When I first read the blurb I twisted my nose at it because mythology isn’t really my thing. But when I read on Goodreads what my favourite reviwers said about this book I threw my first impressions out of the window and ordered Everneath right away.But first I must warn you: this review will be biased as I’ve declared Cole as one of my many book boyfriends. Ok, so Everneath is about a girl, Nikki, who has been “kidnapped” to the Everneath by Cole, an immortal. She manages to escape but only has 6 months in the Surface. She decides she wants to spen those 6 months saying goodbye to everyone she loves, the most important one being her boyfriend, Jack.For starters, I just loved the way she made her escape of the Everneath! After a century there she managed to remember all the time the one the one thing that made her able to go back to the surface and when she could she was sure to make it in a badass way! It even made Cole drop his jaw!Ok, we don’t actually see that happen and the GIF is in no way a good description of what happened but I like to imagine it that way. But he was shocked, that’s for sure. But her return to the surface comes with a price…Then, the story is told in a way that could have put me off from reading it. Brodi Ashton tells the story from Nikki’s POV all the time but she recounts the months before Nikki was pulled to the Everneath as a separate part of the chapters, for example, 5 months before… 3 months before and so on… But this is so subtly made and it really explains how Nikki got herself n that situation, from how she met Cole to what hapenned so she ended up in the Everneath, that it only gave the book more dynamic, I didn’t mind it at all.About Jack and Cole, well, I coulnd’t really make myself to love love Jack. No, he wasn’t an ahole and no he wasn’t mean. He was an honest guy that never stoped caring about Nikki even though there were some bad rumours about here about why she had been missing for months. I liked him and what he does in the end of the book is so sweet and heroic that I should want him to stay with Nikki forever. But I just couldn’t stop rooting for Cole. I must have a scumbag brain.Cole is a bad guy, he manipulates and he hurts people. But we learn more about him in the flashbacks. From what I read, I think he is actually a good immortal and I’m dying to see what he is going to do on the next book, Everbound. Oh yeah, Everneath had a mad ending. It might even make people start pulling their hair out off their heads.This is a great book that everyone should at least give a try.